Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display Currency symbol depending on report language

Status
Not open for further replies.

santoo66

Technical User
Sep 13, 2011
Hi
I am having a requirement where i want to display the currency symbol depending on which language the report runs.
I am having data like 10$,20$.....if i select English(india) language then the output should be in indian currency i.e,, in Rupees(INR).....If i select Japan then it should be in japanese currency...and the value should be converted into there currency value.....
Can anyone help me out in this,..
Thanks in advance

1. Use a currency conversion table to recalculate values from the base currency (factor = 1) to other currencies
2. Allow cross joins to use a single record from the currency conversion table to perform calculation with factdata.
3. Use Cognos locale() to read the value from the Cognos settings; like for English this is 'en'
4. In queries/model you can use the macro # sq( $runLocale)# as a filter. This yields the locale (language) value for use in SQL

Ties Blom

Hi Blom
Can you please explain me more clearly because i am not aware of all these...

Thanks in advance

A currency conversion tabel stores 1 record for each currency. The calculation factor is based on the base currency.
Let us assume the base currency is the dollar. You add a record for - say - the euro and calculate the conversion rate (roughly 0.8)
Do this for currencies you need. The base currency is the currency used in the fact tables. If your data is stored in dollars, then thebase currency is the dollar.
You can add a filter against this table (when you import it into the model using FM) by using the macro I mentioned. This will generate 1 row from the table allowing crossjoins with every fact object

Ties Blom

i am having the source revenue in $ and if i select english(india) the output should be INR along with value converted similarly for every language i select the value should be converted along with the currency symbol.
I do not have idea how to implement parameter maps and session parameters.So please can u tell me in detail step by step how to approach this
Thanks in advance

I already did.. To convert the currencies you need a currency conversion table. Do you think Cognos knows how to convert dollars to INR by itself?

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back