Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display blob/text in a form

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeyJoe

Programmer
Nov 13, 2000
US
Using MySQL, ASP

I have a blob/text field in a database "Client" for entering and displaying info that does not fall into one of the input page formats.

I can enter the data in on the input form and it is saved in the database. However, I cannot figure how to display the data on another form.

Using the following code:
<%
Response.write("<br> memo = " & vMemo)
%>
<br>
<tr><td><textarea name = "Memo" rows = "5" cols = "90" value = "<%=vMemo%>" ></textarea></td></tr>

<tr><td><textarea name = "Memo" rows = "5" cols = "90" value = "<%=rs.fields("Memo") %> " ></textarea></td></tr>

The response.write displays the test data OK, so I know it has been saved.
The first textarea command displays a blank (5 rows, 90 Col)dialog box.
The second textarea command displays a dialog box with a "Cannot find error" inside.

Thanks in advane for any help.

Smokey

Not to good with ASP, but i do know that textarea, unlike textbox, takes the text to be displayed between the tags and not in the value property.

Try to output it between <textarea>output</textarea> that should at least display the first one. And maybe someone with a little more expertise in ASP, can help you out with the "cannot find error" problem.

Hope this helps

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back