Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display adaptor problems VGA only

Status
Not open for further replies.

epsonuser

Technical User
Apr 30, 2003
US
Display on my PC (1.1 GhZ Celeron clone, win2K Pro SP1; SP4 keeps crashing the PC on download)is only showing 16 colors,VGA, no other options available. Looking at previous posts on this issue, it seemed the thing to do was reload/update the drivers for the diplay adaptor. I downloaded Belarc advisor and Aida 32 and ran them, they told me what and where to go, my adaptor is a Trident CyerBlade i7. Got the driver fom the trident website, but whenI try to run it, the file will not load. Windows is looking for a setup type file (.inf I think), the file I get is a .icc. There is a conflict showing in device manager for the display adaptor, video and audio controller. Not sure what is the next step... Suggestions?

Find the correct driver would be your first step. Go back and read what the site says about the driver and how to install it. For the other problem, delete all the offending devices from the device manager and reboot so windows can rediscover them.

I had the same happened to me with the same vga card and windows 2k. go to and download the nt4 driver. Delete the vga card in the device manager then restart. windows will see the vga card and all you have to doo is direct windows to the place where you downloaded the new driver.

Hope that helps.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back