Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display a MsgBox With images on the buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

BML

Programmer
Oct 24, 2000
PT
Hi,

Is it possible to change the language of the buttons on msgbox? or display the msgbox with images on the buttons?

how?

regards,

Bruno Loureiro.

Check MSDN's info on VBA.MsgBox. You have some options for how it appears using the VBMsgBoxStyle constants:

Button choices include:
vbAbortRetryIgnore, vbOKCancel, vbOKOnly, vbRetryCancel, vbYesNo, vbYesNoCancel

Additional graphics include:
vbCritical, vbExclamation, vbInformation, vbQuestion

See MSDN for complete details. If you don't see it in there,
then you'll have create a form and customize it to suit your needs.

scarfhead

Hi scarfhead,

the thing is that my clients don't want the buttons text of msgbox in english (although the English OS). I have to get a way of display them in Portuguese: instead of Yes or No I have to display Sim or Não.

I thought that perhaps a API made the work...

regards,

Bruno Loureiro.

You can build a simple form and model it after a message box. That way you can put what you want on the buttons. After all thats all a message box is

Sorry. I guess I misunderstood the original question.

I poked around the MS website and the only thing close to an answer I found was that you basically have to do it by hand. Though it seems to me that there must be a Portuguese language .dll that has vbButton constants defined in Portuguese. Maybe a Portuguese version of the VBA libraries.

I haven't figured this all out yet, but this article:
at least addresses the issue in Access. It also identifies constants for different languages (1046 = Brazilian Portuguese, 2070 = Portuguese)

I may have to pursue this issue myself to provide support for Spanish speaking users of my software. I'll look into it.

scarfhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back