Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display 3 forms with master child relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.

calvi

Technical User
May 26, 2003
NL
I have 3 tables and in between 2 helptables with many-to-many relationship. I want these tables to be shown in one Form with a grand-master, master and child relationship. grand-master in a listbox, then the other two in datasheet forms. I tried and can only connect between 2 tables and the question is how to connect these 3 tables with the 2 helptables (many-to-many) inbetween in 1 form in order that I click a row in the grand-master I get list in the master and when I click a row in the master, I get the list in the child.

You can use code in the On Current event of the master datasheet subform to write its primary key value to a text box on the main form. Use this text box on the main form as the link master to your child subform.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back