Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dispaly Data in a Table for all Months of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netherton

Technical User
Nov 21, 2013
GB
I would like to create a table showing activity by "Type" in the month that it occurs. This would include months in which no activity was recorded (so show "0" or - instead)and months in which activity has not yet been recorded (ie if I am running my report in September I want to show "0" or - for the remaining months of the year). I have to do this without changes to the universe that I'm working with. I've exhausted all ideas on how I might achieve this.

I wonder if anyone can give me any tips on how it can be done?

The only way to do this would be with a "calendar" table that's either a physical table in your database or a derived table in the universe. There is no way that I know of to do this without universe changes.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

hi,

Think about it: There are an infinite number of non-existent possible entities and values. Tables/databases deal with data that is present, and not NON EXISTENT DATA.

That being said, YOU, therefore, must CREATE the data that you want in orded to display it within your report. That's usually done by createing a table. OR perhaps your company has a company calendar table. Every company I've been employed by (aero-space manufacturing) has a Manufacturing Day/Calendar Day table. That would be a place where that data would EXIST.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Many thanks for your responses.

I'll follow up on the Calander table idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back