Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Diskette in drive A is full - creating IDR disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

triffe

Technical User
Jun 21, 2001
US
We've been running backup exec 8.6 with the IDR option for 2 years. Recently we've tried to figure out why our backups are taking longer than they should. In the process of troubleshooting the issue, our tech downloaded and installed new tape device drivers. Once our tech did that, I tried creating the IDR disk only, and I received the error "unable to write to the diskette in drive a:. You may have insufficient rights." After researching this error on Veritas' website, I found that after installing the tape drivers, IDR must be updated. So I copied the drprepwizard.exe file from my download into the backup exec directory where the old one existed and restarted the backup exec services.

Now when I try to create the IDR diskette, I get the error "the diskette in drive a: is full. Please insert another disk and try again." I reformat my floppy disks before trying to create the IDR. I can't seem to figure out what else downloading and installing these updated tape device drivers could have done and how to successfully create my IDR diskettes for all my servers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back