Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DISK RPM

Status
Not open for further replies.

1500wing

MIS
Mar 21, 2001
US
What is the command to determine the disk rpm is for a 7133 Frame running a 9.1 gig disk. This is an RS6000 system. My handbook tells me there is 2 different rpm disks for this frame, on a D-40 drawer. The disk failed and I need to reorder the disk via IBM, but they need to know the RPM. I tried the lscfg -vl pdiskxx command, to no avail. System is running 4.2 AIX.
Any ideas, thoughts or musings?

Thanks! Chris :)

What's the label on the disk say?

They typically have a FRU number on them, and you can go to the IBM storage support website and do a search on it. Probably can search on it at the RS/6000 site, too.

Chip H.

Thank you for your reply. That is the humourous part (no pun intended) as IBM's part\FRU number on the bad disk did not match the part number on the new disks IBM ordered, or what is in their field handbook. I just ordered both and returned the other one.
Alls well that ends well? :)

Thank you again for your reply

Did your IBM guy look up the FRU on his brick (portable computer)? Sometimes an out-of-production part has a modern equivalent.

Of course, you could try looking on eBay for your part.
:)

Chip H.

:)
You know, Best Buy might have them as well! The CE did not have a portable with him that was fired up. I did ask him to email me back with an updated FRU for future reference.
Take it easy and thanks again

Chris

Hello,
if you do diag,
advance diagnostics then take problem determination and it looks at error log and finds failed hardware it creates SRN service request number call 1-800-ibm-serv and they should be able to use that SRN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back