Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disk quota greyed out

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcraig

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2001
CA
Hey everyone, another weird one for you.

For the past 8 months I have been running Windows 2000 advanced server as a file server, with dynamic disks, and disk quota turned on, and functioning properly. Today I went in to change a quota entry and found that the disk quota is showing as disabled, and I am not able to enable it. The box is greyed out. I can go in and change the quota entries however.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this stopped working?

Ok guys, figured this one out on my own. Just posting this incase someone else has the problem: In the registry, there was a key in HLKM/Software/Policies/Microsoft/ called WindowsNT. Under that key was a diskquota entry. There should not be a windowsnt key in there, unless you have some sort of group policy set up. I removed the whole WindowsNT key, and left only the windows key, and rebooted, and that solved the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back