Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disk Mirroring in Windows 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chandhru

Technical User
Jun 12, 2003
US
I am not sure about the term mirroring is correct or not. I have two web servers one acting as a primary and the other as a redundant backup web server. whenever I make changes to files in my primary server, I would like the changes to reflect in the backup server. please let me know how I can accomplish this in windows server 2003.

No, I have already implemented NLB using Windows 2003 NLB manager. but whenever I make changes to my websites home directory folder in one server, I want that change to be reflected in my second server. please help.

there are two types of clustering....
nlb

and
clustering per se.

main difference being one is stateless (each has own data store) and other is staeful (shared data store on Nas, fiber channel scsi...)

however, you could use DFS to replicate the changes to your website info... both servers will refer to the same dfs node.

Aftertaf
________
I reserve the right to be wrong, be confused, be suffering because it is monday, or because it is nearly the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back