Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disk Imaging Software for Corporate Environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcrapps

Programmer
Oct 26, 2001
US
Hello All,

I am in the market for a good Disk Imaging solution. I have about 50 clients and probably will need about 5 images to backup. I need to be able to deploy this to users' laptops/desktops who have left the company or users who have trouble with their OS and need to reimage. I've kind of looked into Acronis and Symantec, but am not sure what's better. Any ideas?

Thanks

Does anyone have any opinions on this?

I have never used Acronis, but use Symantec Ghost to help keep over 1700 stations imaged. Works very well.

Now that being said, I have talked to Altiris, now owned by Symantec, on their Client Management Suite software (kinda like Microsoft's Systems Management Server) and I was told that the imaging built into it's (Altiris') application will replace Ghost in the long run since it's better.
This was told to me from a sales engineer about 2 months after Sysmantec bought Altiris. So take it as is.

Hi Cajuntank,

Thanks much for your reply! I'm guessing that Symantec is the way to go. I'll keep an eye out for the new software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back