Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disk I/O Error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilmo2005

Technical User
Mar 1, 2005
US
what does that mean?

this thread is a follow up to 'why won't my PC boot up?'

it is now reading the floppy and saying "OK" and then I get the I/O error message.

It could be one of two things:

1. The floppy disk you have is bad. I would try another floppy disk to see if that works.

2. Either the floppy drive cable or the floppy drive itself (or both) are defective. Try replacing with a known good one and restart the fdisk/format process.

As mentioned in the other thread, make sure you get a good copy of a boot disk from Bootdisk.com

Enkrypted
A+

Enkrypted said:

It could be one of two things:

1. The floppy disk you have is bad. I would try another floppy disk to see if that works.

2. Either the floppy drive cable or the floppy drive itself (or both) are defective. Try replacing with a known good one and restart the fdisk/format process.

As mentioned in the other thread, make sure you get a good copy of a boot disk from Bootdisk.com
----------------------------------------------------------

good thought. it's probably the drive and/or the cable. it could even be the mobo. I turned it off and on a lot more than I really should. I could have fried something.

thanks for your post!

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back