Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disk Errorr

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsgdgcs

Technical User
Dec 17, 2002
GB
Hi, I have been getting a problem with X346's coming up with a Disk error when I run an unattended setup of Windows 2003.

I can run an unattended setup of Windows 2000 on a X346 with no problems.

But when I try to use an unattended setup of Windows2003 I get a disk error after the first Windows reboot.
I can use the same Windows2003 image and run an unattended setup on a X345 and this is successful.

The X346 has all the latest updates from updatexpress 3.06

I am at a loss to explain what is causing the disk error. When I look at the disk in Dos I can see all the windows2003 setup files and can access the C drive, but I just cannot get an unattended windows2003 install to work

Anyone got any ideas?

Update express was hoplessly out of date, IBM have released a latter version , but I suggest you download the latest BIOS and ServerRaid Firmware and try again.
Also make sure you are running the Windows Driver for the riad card which matches the firmware level of the card.

Have you tried load with the IBM ServerGuide CD. If you don't have it you can download the iso image from the IBM web site and burn it to CD, Boot from the cd and follow the bouncing ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back