Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disk drive activation under citrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palagast

Technical User
Dec 16, 2002
NL
Hi,

When I type something in the address bar in Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer, or browse through my folders within the W.E, both using either published desktop or published application, my local disc drive becomes active (Searches for a floppy no doubt) for a short period, then silences again.
In the published desktop, I have a mapping of a: to the local diskdrive, but I never click on it so in my opinion it shouldn't be activated at all.
Does anyone know how this happens and/or how to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

In your list of recently accessed documents (Start Menu) is there a document listed that was accessed from the a: drive at some point?

HTH

I've seen this happen if you are running certain virus scanners. Also it can happen if the last saved file went to the floppy drive

Hi CitrixEngineer and Cnorris517,

Thanks for your replies. Though with my recent files empty and the last file saved to the harddisk, I still get the same problem. This problem goes for all Citrix users by the way.
Any other suggestions? :)
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back