Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disjointed rollover with clickable options

Status
Not open for further replies.

DK919

Technical User
May 6, 2001
US
I'm working with Dreamweaver 4 & Fireworks 4 and I was wondering if there is a way to create disjointed rollovers with clickable options in either of these programs? To be specific, when I run the mouse over one of the words on the navigation bar (which is also a link) at the top of the page a rollover appears elsewhere on the page showing several options - I've figured out how to do the disjointed rollover in Dreamweaver and in Fireworks but how do i put graphics on the rollover that users can click on to go to another page?
Thank you,
DK919

You need to have a play with Layers, and behavoirs. Namely, the Show/Hide layer behavoir. Bugger Fireworks - No need for that, unless you don't have Photoshop.

The words on the Nav. bar will need to be images to use the Javascript behavoirs, but you can make layers containing images fly around the screen on rolover if U want!!!

It should read something like, (on rollover, show layer "layername") then on the other menu, (on rollout, hide layer "layername") This shows it when you mouse over the original image, then hides it once U've klicked an option or moused out of the menu.

Hope this helps.

(PS to make it a bit more interesting, check out the timeline for moving layers around on mouse events and stuff like that.) ----------------------------------------
Don't forget to visit for some banging new music from DJ Cumback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back