Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disjoining/Joining to New Domain Same Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

baldhead

Technical User
Apr 27, 2004
US
I first want to reference back to this thred: thread329-898919

I would really like to know when you run this script? I would guess that it's after the old domain is off the network and the new one is in place. The problem I'm receiving is an access denied error. I'm wondering if the old domain still has to exist to successfully remove the machine using the script macdmac has mentioned in the above thread. I tried running just the command through the command line and still received this access denied error. This is all from a machine which is logged in as a domain admin and on the new domain. Any ideas on the errors I'm receiving?

i am under the impression to remove a machine from a domain windows prompts you for a username and password from the domain you are trying to remove it from.
perhaps if the old domain is off the network then you dont have to worry about removing it from that???

I got it to work. I just had to run the script from the domain controller of the new domain I wanted to machine to join to.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back