Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Discverer Viewer not closing connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdemmi

MIS
Jun 6, 2001
US
If this is not the proper place for this post please direct me to it.

Let me start by saying that I am not a Discoverer admin -- I am only the EULOWNER for several business areas.

Here's my problem.

Users connect to the Discoverer (web) viewer (hosted on a Linux server) via a browser. They run querys and reports as needed. Everything to here is OK. But then I have 2 possible paths that lead to the same problem.

PATH 1.

The user simply closes his/her browser and does not use the exit/logout option in the Discoverer viewer.

PATH 2.

The user exports a query to EXCEL WEB QUERY and exits the viewer. The user then runs this web query from their local Excel. When finished they close their local Excel.

Both of the above paths lead to the same
problem, INACTIVE sessions that will not be "removed" until the DB is bounced. I am watching this count grow on a daily basis and want to know:

1. Is there a session timeout paramater somewhere in the viewer config?
2. Is there any way to remove these sessions manually? Killing doesn't work because that just changes the status to killed -- they remain in v$session until the client attempts to use the session again -- which in this case will never happen.
3.Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

Let me know if you need more info to help me with this issue.

-- Jason
"It's Just Ones and Zeros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back