Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Discrepancy in report in the design and runtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi81

Programmer
Jan 13, 2007
Hello,
I created a report and added a suppression formula for 1 of the pageheader. The formula works well in the designer but not when i fire it of the asp page.

On further investigation i found out that this was because the totalpagecount field(being used in the formula) was not being populated when the report was first rendered but when i went to the last record and then if i browsed again from the first record the formula starts working.

The formula i used uses the totalpagecount variable which i think is causing the problem. I am not able to devise another formula replacing it.
Basically this is what i have:
PHa-Company Logo
PHb-Header for Details sections fields
GH1a-Order Num and associated records
GH1b-Header for Details sections fields
Da-the Detail records can grow to next page
GF1a-The subtotal,total and tax information
GF1b-sub report for Personalized items
GF1c-sub report for internal coments
PF-Companies address

I want to suppress PHb when it is first page and is not subreports in GF1b or GF1c which appear only if they are not empty.

I am also reseting the page after every invoice.

Is there some other way I can accomplish this.

Please share the content of the formula. It is unclear what the actual problem is--is the page header not suppressing on the first page of each invoice?

-LB

Hi LB,
thanks for looking into my problem but i was able to resolve it. I made some design change to the form and it is working as desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back