Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

discrepancy between image size in photoshop and image size on desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linnybh

Technical User
Apr 3, 2002
US
Hi, the image size that shows in my photoshop document, when I go to 'image size' is MUCH smaller than when I check the image size, by looking at the list of documents on my desktop. For example, I needed to make an image down to 35K, and according to my desktop information, it said it was at 48K, but it looked like a mess, like a green blob, the pixels were so huge. But when I checked the image size within photoshop, it was only 2K... This discrepancy is true in all my image information on my desktop to the image info from photoshop, what is wrong? btw, I believe that the image size that I am shown within photoshop is correct and that it must be something with my desktop.

thank you!

Lindsay [ponytails2]

If all of the properties are showing up as 2k, then that could mean that it is just the shortcut to the file. I would trus the size that is showing in windows explorer.

If all of the properties are showing up as 2k, then that could mean that it is just the shortcut to the file. I would trust the size that is showing in windows explorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back