Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Discovery and XP Pro - error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMorey

MIS
Jul 5, 2001
AU
After upgrading to XP Pro, Discovery (V 4.1A) keeps giving me a message that it can't find find CLNWIN32.DLL. However, after displaying the message (for every report or menu) it works OK.

I can get rid of problem by telling Discovery to run in Win98/ME compatibility mode, but then I can't run any reports that write to Excel because I get an out-of-memory message towards the end of the process.

Any tips on running Discovery un XP Pro? Do I need a new version on CLNWIN32.DLL?

You have to put the CA_APPSW folder into the path statement. Right-click My Computer, click Properties/Advanced/Environment Variables (or something similar; I got this one from 2000). Find the path statement and add C:\CA_APPSW and C:\Program Files\ACCPAC\RUNTIME (based on you installing Accpac on the C drive).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back