Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Discovering Internal Wireless Adaptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxylaad

Programmer
Jan 27, 2004
GB
Hi,
I am after some help, I have a toshiba laptop with a wireless adaptor inside it. But it is not visible in the hardware and it does not get picked up when I search for hardware?

I am certain it is there as there is a wireless led on the laptop and an 'on off' switch on the side of the laptop for a wireless device (denoted by the wireless sign)

Can anyone help me to get the wireless adaptor working?

Thanks

Ian

Ian,

I hate to say it, but I have had horrible luck with Toshiba laptops and wireless. I was helping a friend with his.

The first time I could not get the wireless to turn on, a week later his motherboard died. Apparently the wireless not working was an indicator of the motherboard problems. Since he shipped it in and got the motherboard replaced under warranty, his wireless will start and connect to the network, but drops the wireless connect 30 seconds later. We have HP, Dell and IBM laptops using this wireless network with no problems, but his Toshiba won't work for more than 30 seconds.

I have told him that I don't have the time to try and track this down. If you have any luck with your Toshiba, please post what you find because I would love to find out what is wrong with his.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back