Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Discovered Systems not installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmol

Technical User
Jul 13, 2004
NL
Hi,

I am running sms 2003 and have quite a lot of systems which have been discovered but not installed, most the clients show up as assigned but I don't see a sitecode, could that be a problem or is that normal when clients are not installed ?

Most of all clients are installed correctly so the configuration should be correct.

any suggestions

thanks

I think you might just have to wait until the client performs hardware inventory. Once this happens, you should see the right information in the admin console.

Here some info on the web:

Joseph L. Poandl
MCSE 2003

If your company is in need of experts to examine technical problems/solutions, please check out (Sales@njcomputernetworks.com)

I had this problem, i had to toggle the Management Point Icon on the site. I think it was ticked so i cleared it - applied then ticked and applied.

all seemed to fall into place then.

Also check the boundaries for IP and AD depedngin on ure discovery method.

Mark

Thanks for your answers, I am going to try the MP untick/tick.

by the way, Have you guys set the boundaries of the secondary sites at those servers, or do you enter the subnet information all at the primary sites ?
this is what someone mentioned, but it looks a bit weird to me.

No, you should enter IP subnets specifically for your secondary site. You don't want to create overlapping subnet boundaries (Primary and secondary sites with the same subnet boundaries). And you don't want to just create boundaries in the primary site. You need to define boundaries for your secondary sites specifically.

Primary Site NYC: 10.10.1.x, 10.10.2.x

Secondary Site NJ: 20.20.1.x, 20.20.3.x

Hope this helps...

Joseph L. Poandl
MCSE 2003

If your company is in need of experts to examine technical problems/solutions, please check out (Sales@njcomputernetworks.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back