Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disconnects

Status
Not open for further replies.

panda1982

Technical User
Sep 30, 2008
US
I have a menu within our system that is for setting up receiving appointments. Option 1 dry/frozen Option 2 produce Option 3 meat

The problem is when the people at these extensions are on the phone, it disconnects the caller and they don't get to the person's voicemail. However, if you dial their extension directly without going through the system and they are on the phone, you will get their voicemail every time.

Let's say I want to setup an appointment for dry/frozen. Option 1 is attached to extension 4099. Let's say this person is on the phone. I'll press option 1 and it might ring once, or it might not and then disconnects.

I've even tried attaching my extension as one of the options, and it still disconnects. I don't believe it is the extension itself, I think it's something deeper within the Application Builder, but I can't figure it out.

I have no idea where to look. I've contacted my support and they don't have a clue. I'm considering changing the menu to say if you get disconnected, please dial this extension directly to get connected to the traffic department mailbox.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

What type of phone system and what version of call pilot?

We have a Nortel option 11 – it was upgraded to a CS1000E.
Call Pilot is Build 05.00.41.20

Try setting up EFD and EHT on the phone you are trying to call both pointed to vmail and possibly SFA in COS of the phone. Not sure any of these will work, but worth a try.

On the xfer block in appbuilder, where is the busy and failed output pointed to?

I already have EFD & EHT pointed to vmail, but I did change SFD to SFA in CLS. But if I recall correctly, this phone was originally setup as SFA before support went and changed that setting.

Also, the xfer block for both busy & failed is pointed to the attendent.

I think I figured it out. If you listen to the entire menu, you get to the person's voicemail. If you press 1 the second the option is available, you get disconnected. Is there anyway to fix that? Everytime I listened to the entire menu I got through to voicemail. It's like there needs to be a pause or else you get disconnected. Any suggestions???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back