Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disconnecting calls in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

langl3y

Technical User
Nov 18, 2004
GB
Hello,

We have premium rate numbers that can not exceed a €20 charge to the customer. The local Telecomms body requires that once we reach the maximum rate, we need to disconnect the call, regardless of whether it's in Queue, in ACD, on hold etc.

Does anyone know how i could do this? We have Avaya S8710, IR and Genesys CTI.

Cheers
Langl3y

langl3y,

the easiest way is to have the telco disconnect these calls. after all, they count the money and they know the cost for a call, not you. if you decide to do it on your side, you'll have to put much effort in development. the first problem you'll encounter is passing charge advice from a telco to your side...

I don't know for genesis. I have Avaya Interaction Center 6.1.3 and old IVR 8. I will try to demonstrate situation wich could maybe help you. First you have to have access to their database. Your IR can attach this DB if it is Oracle and check customers limit and send this back to your S8710 CM and disconnect after announcement. But question is how to separate customer from customer and here you can involve your CTI but also you have to have lot of experience how to manage workflow etc...On CTI we have customer segmentation made to be routed to special services.
Try with IR and their DB connection. It works on Conversant IVR v8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back