Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disconnect supervision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2003
GB
Hi,

We have a Norstar Meridian key system here (a Modular 8/24, I think), which I'm hoping to connect to an FXO port on a Cisco router via an ATA2 box (I want to implement an off-premises extension via IP).

I've been told that the Meridian offers no kind of disconnect supervision, and I'm worried about Scenario 1 as described here:

(watch for URL wrap!)

If there's no disconnect supervision from the Meridian, will my off premise extension on the FXS side of the network (phone B in the scenario) continue to ring if it goes unanswered?

thanks a lot,
alec
--

I do this all the time! Yes, it will work, and no the phone will not continue to ring. I have had a little issue from the ATA locking up, but on newer switches that has not been an issue. I run a security system over a configuration your discussing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back