Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disconnect a call if idle for more than

Status
Not open for further replies.

herrslime

Technical User
Sep 26, 2002
I am trying to setup 3 computers (all Win98SE) to have their modems automatically disconnect after 60 minutes of idle time.

Each of these computers have different brands of modems. On each of them I go to Control Panel|Modems|Properties|Connection and the line that says "Disconnect a call if idle for more than XX mins" is greyed out. Since it is greyed out I cannot check it and put 60 in the blank space.

I have the current available drives for each modem and Win98 has all patches applied but they are all greyed out. How do I activate this line so I can use it?

Thanks

try: control panel>internet options>connection tab> click settings when your connection is highlighted> then click advanced at bottum of screen. you should be able to do it there. if thats greyed out too, there is a regestry fix that someone gave me in this forum the other day. "Jack of all trades. Master of none."
[americanflag]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back