Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disconnect a call after X seconds 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

lleeNC

Vendor
Aug 29, 2018
US
Wondering if there is another way other than using the "t(x minute)" shortcode character to drop a call after some time.

For example,

*578 / Dial / 2777t(1)

This will dial extension 2777 and then drop the call after 1 minute. It seems like I cannot go lower than 1 minute on this feature. I've tried t(0) and it won't disconnect the call.

Ideally I would like to disconnect a call after 5 seconds.

I've tried *578 / Dial / 2777,,,,,t(0) and it does nothing.

Customer does have Voicemail Pro, so I'm trying to think of a way to do this through VM actions.

If anyone has any ideas, let me know. Thanks!

Why?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Glad you asked lol

Customer has a lockdown trigger shortcode that goes to Xima to send out emails that a lockdown was triggered amongst other things. Unfortunately the emails don't get sent out until the call is dropped. We've worked with Xima to fix this issue and they are saying it's not possible on their end to fix the email delay.

A physical solution would be to get a cheap ring detector relay. Put it on an analog extension. Wire the extension through the relay so when it fires it disconnects the call. But that is just an idea.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

@budbyrd I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

If they have VM pro then just fire the shortcode into a module that sends your email and drops the call.

APSS/ACIS/ACSS-SME
not arrogant, just succinct.

@TomMills

Can't do that. Shortcode goes to a Valcom system through a SIP line, which activates lockdown systems. Xima detects the shortcode but won't send the emails until after the call is dropped.

I also forgot to mention one critical aspect of why it needs to go through Xima for the email, which is that Xima has the capability to send a message to an email address that relays the message to recipients as a text message. VM Pro does not have this capability (at least I don't think?).

If we need to stick with the t(1) shortcode character... then so be it.

Helps if I draw it out,

Shortcode -> Valcom (Triggers lockdown mechanisms) -> Xima detects shortcode -> Sends out a message to an email relay once it detects that the call has been dropped -> Forwards the message as a text message to recipients

Now wishing I hadn't asked, that going to be floating around in my head for the rest of the day. Challenging.

@Sizbut

Sorry haha. I updated the post to include a simple diagram of it (the post before yours).

I wish Avaya made it so that we could use seconds instead of minutes for the "t(1)" shortcode character.

Would it not work to send the call through VMpro, send an email to the relay, then transfer the call to the Valcom? Is Xima handling the text message aspect or just sending it to an address where a more-different 3rd party is handling the VM->SMS?

- Qz

Okay. Try this:

- Your *578 short code triggers a Voicemail Pro module.

- The module has an Assisted Transfer action to 2777.

- The action's No Answer Timeout is set to 1 second and its No Answer result is connected to a Disconnect action.

Haven't tried it but that's because I'm at home now and its late.

Don't think this will work since the Valcom system is technically answering the call as soon as the shortcode is dial. So I don't think it will trigger the No Answer.

I'll have to verify this during the next Lockdown test but I'm almost certain of this.

...damn. Back to the drawing board...

I don't know the valcom systems, but is there an option for them to release the call faster? Is there a reason it keeps the call open?

APSS/ACIS/ACSS-SME
not arrogant, just succinct.

Long shot but you could try using the issue that Nortel4Ever has (
See if you can get a Post Dial action to make the call and try to play a short wav file. If that does connect, then we know for Nortel4Ever's problem that Voicemail Pro will disconnect immediately after the wav file has finished playing.

@sizbut

So it'll be ---- Shortcode -> Post Dial module -> Play wav (1 second beep) -> Connect "Next" to Transfer option that goes to the Valcom shortcode.

I'll try this out. Also never heard the term "Numpty," learned something new heh

@TomMills

Good question. Not sure why it leaves the call open since it just executes a bunch of events in the Valcom. I didn't see anything on the Valcom side about the call staying up but I can check again. I know for sure on the IPO side that the call stays open. 

Actually I was more thinking getting the Post Dial to try contact the Valcom directly using the shortcode. Or if it can't be done direct, using a user that is set to unconditional forward to the shortcode.

[Nortel4Ever's problem is that when used to page a wav file, it just disconnects without even trying to use the Next action.]

Isn't that what I stated or am I missing something.

Shortcode to Valcom is *8012

So I have a button on one of the users that executes shortcode *578 -> Post Dial -> Play wav -> Transfer to *8012 (or a user that unconditionally forwards to *8012) which will go to the Valcom.

What is the model number of the Valcom??? Kind of hard to put the pieces together when you don't know what parts you have.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

@budbyrd

Certainly. *8012 goes to Valcom device VE201A and VE6023 & VE6025 handles the events.

The tool for VE201A doesn't give me the ability to monitor/disconnect open calls from the IPO from my knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back