Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

disconnceted session problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloomlight

IS-IT--Management
Jun 12, 2006
US
I have Citrix PS4 with published apps for staff to use. when idle time reaches 30 minutes, the session gets disconnected. the problem is when user get back on to the system later, from Citrix management console, the screen shows that user has active sessions opened since last time.

For example: Amy logged in 6/2/2009, got disconnected after 30 minutes inactive. Then she logged in again on 6/5/2009. When I checked the system today, the Citrix Management console shows that Amy has active session opened and logon time is 6/2/2009.

From the configuration screen, I tried to both options, "disconnect" and "reset", but it still does the same. Any idea??? Please help.

I'm still pretty new to this so if I'm off on this hopefully someone will correct me.

Disconnected is not the same as logged out. A disconnected session still remains, but the communication between the session and the user is broken. So when the user re-establishes the communication, as advertised, they get connected back to their previous session. For example, this is nice for starting a long-running process at the end of the day and then checking on it from home.

What do you have set for Terminal Services regarding when to terminate a disconnected session? I believe this is a per server setting.

Under Administrative Tools -> Terminal Services Configuration. Select Connections on left. Check your connections on the right. Right-click on each and select the sessions tab. There should be a field there for how long before ending a disconnected session.

Hope this helps

Thanks. It helps a lot.

I didn't know that I can do this using "Terminal Service Configuration". Now I know that and will check it later. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back