Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

disc icon for cdr

Status
Not open for further replies.

compnut24

Technical User
Jun 11, 2001
US
i want to give the disc an icon, so that when itis viewed in explorer, intstead of the plain windows cd icon, it displays my pre-defined icon. By the way, i am using Iomega's Easy CD Creater with my ext. iomega burner.

How do i do this?

Ah yes, this is a nice easy one. What you want to do is open up MS paint, and set the image size to 30x30. Then design your icon, save it as bitmap. Then go and rename it to a .ico file.

Open up notepad, type the following:

[autorun]
open=install.exe
icon=your_icon.ico

than save it as autorun.inf. The 'open' line is any executable file you want to automaticaly start when you insert the CD. Then the icon line refers to the icon you've just created. Make sure they're both saved is the root directory of your CD and you're sorted! Please note though, that the autorun open command can only point to an executable file or you'll get an invalid win32 application, though you can still use Explorer to navigate the CD.

If you don't want autorun to open an executable file then leave that line out.

Hope it works for ya!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back