Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disaster Recovery Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgrntldVeritasUser

Technical User
Oct 6, 2003
US
All,

There are talks of a Disaster Recovery site in my future! Current environment is mostly unix servers of all flavors including a solaris master, 2 solaris media servers, 4 HP media servers and 2 AIX media servers and over 400 clients.

Anyone have any input on building a site from scratch?? Im still not sure what my recovery objectives are yet so this is in the infant of planning stages. Any help would be great!!

Thanks
S.

We are currently using Netbackup 4.5fp6 DLT and LTO drives and have found it faster to recovery by just running the GNU tar to restore tapes at our offsite location. The problems we ran into in the past is that we are going from 1 master server and 5 media server to 1 master server and 1 media server at our offsite location. Plus the master server has a different name as the one at our onsite location. This causes some headaches! We utilize the bpimmedia list and filter out some unnecessary info and get the tape fragment info to use TAR to restore. We have done this the past three years with very little issues. If you have BMR (Bare Metal Restore) it would be worthwhile to use that prouduct. I currently do not have BMR but would like to at leaast try it in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back