Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disaster recovery problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

peeky1323

MIS
Aug 1, 2002
GB
Hi,

I have jus upgraded from Arcerve 2000 (fully patched) on Windows 2000 server to Arcserve 11. Disaster recover worked fine before but now I am getting a nasty error.

I use a Arcserve Boot CD makde from Windows 2000 server, and a machine specific floppy. I boot form the CD and it asks me something like "insert Macine specif floppy and press Y to start DR"

I put in the floppy and it complains:

"The floppy in the drive is not the ARCserveIT Machine specific (DRIF) floppy"

The mahcine specific disks were created from Arcserve 11 as was the DR CD.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks in advance

it appears that the upgrade may have not worked properly, as the message you are receiving is from AS2000, not AS11. Try recreating the Win200 bootable CD (DR CD). When you see mention of ARCserveIT, that refers to As2000.

ARCserveIT is actually a reference to 6.61. They droppped the "IT" with ARCserve 2000.

I had installed Arcserve R11 on Windows 2003 server. the hardware cfg is RAID 1+0 HP 641 raid card

I made the BAB disk to recovery a server

I start with my HP Smart CD

I Press F2 to enter the ASR mode and the system prompts me to insert the floppy disk, then I put the BAB disk

When the system read the cfg from disk the blue screen appreared saying that

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your
computer
If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart
your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps

check to be sure you have adequate disk space if a driver is identified in the Stop mesagw
disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for dirver
updates. Try chinging video adapters
Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shardowing
If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart you select
safte mode

Technical Info

Stop 0x0000008E (0xc0000006, 0x80928652, 0xF79467FC, 0x00000000)

When doing the DR, did you start with the HP Smart CD to recreate the RAID config? because after doing that you should exit the Smart CD and should boot from the Windows 2003 version CD you have installed on the system. Press F6 for the HP 641 RAID driver (it will ask for that later) then press F2 to enter the ASR mode. I have done a DR using HP RAID with 642 driver and even though the Windows CD has a driver for it, it fails anyway. I have to press F6, add the driver. When it asks that windows already has a driver for it, use the one from the floppy.

I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back