Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disaster Recovery Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

calalo

MIS
Jan 23, 2002
US
I installed Disaster Recovery Option for Arcserve 2000, reinstall SP3, but when I try to run Wizards\Create Boot Kit, generates this error: Disaster Recovery - Boot Disk Wizard is not installed!
My server is Compaq Proliant 6400R with Windows 2000 SP2.
Any suggestions are welcome.

You have to go thier website and download a new patch that was released post SP3. The pack is QO07622 and it provides support for the DR option with windows 2K disks that are pre service packed as well as some other things. Other than that I would think that a reboot should cure your problems. If not completely remove the DRO. I mean COMPLETELY. You have to delete the files and the DR folder after you remove the software from the control panel and then reinstall after you perform a reboot.

Good luck.

Thank You for your suggestions. I deleted the directory DR an then reinstall Disaster Recovery Option an reboot the server. Then I install SP3 but only to Disaster Recovery Option (Arcserve 2000 Advanced already had SP3), when finished reboot the server and now all is OK!!! I can run Boot Disk Wizard now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back