Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disaster recovery option - problem with mraid2k.sys

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunatiic

IS-IT--Management
Sep 4, 2002
SE
Hi all!

I have a huge problem. My DC system disk broke this week and of course the disk wasn't mirrored.. :(

I have Bootable Disaster Recovery CD-rom and a machine specific floppy, but when I use it it stops at the following screen:

"The entry "mraid2k.sys" in the [SourceDisksFiles] sections of the INF File is corrupt or missing.

Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit"

The cd-rom is from may, 2003 so I have removed all the new hardware that has been added after that so that machine looks just like it did in 2003, except from the harddrive that is broken. The HD is replaced with a drive with the same size (18.2 GB). Does this matter?

It is a HP NetServer LPR with Windows 2000 SP4 (eng) and it is also the backupserver with ArcServe 2000, so lets put in in nice words, i'm quite f*cked if i'm not able to restore this until day after christmas. I tried to call CA, but they just told me that they don't support ArcServe 2000 and therefore they could not helpl me with my problem.

I have copied all the necessary files to the machine specific floppy, and I have looked in the INF-files as weel.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

It would mean a lot to me.. This christmas is being spent in the office, and the family is waiting 600 kilometres away, wanting me to get home :)

Thanks in advance!

I solved the hard way... ArcServe 2000 really sucks.. The disaster recovery cd-rom was really bad. Reinstalled a fresh windows 2000 server with sp4. Installed ArcServe 2000. Log on to directory service restore via F8 at boot. restore c:\ partition from latest backup.

Reboot, in directory services restore mode (f8) and then restored system state from the same backup. Now my AD is up but i am having some problems with the netlogon folder. I have installed a new domain and a new domain controller and will start to move all the users to this domain instead.

Always make sure that you backup system state, and never try to use a backup of active directory that is over 60 days old (it useless, unless you have changed the tombstone limit from the default value 60 days)...

:)

IIRC this was a bug at some point in AS2000 specifically with handling that driver - might have been fixed with SP5 but not 100% sure on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back