Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disassembling a Logitech K520 keyboard???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobMCT

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2000
US
Not many posts here but here goes anyway.
I have ONE key on my keyboard that does not work. Its way out of warranty and I really dont want to replace it. So I thought I would take it apart and see what I could do. Ive taken out 14 screws and am able to separate the halves all over with the exception of near one of the flip feet. It appears there is still a screw holding it together in that area. I see no screw but I do see a square gray panel under the foot where a screw might be located. The other foot has no such panel. However, I CANNOT pry that panel off. Ive tried knives, a tiny screw driver and it just wont budge.
Before I destroy it I was wondering if anyone here has any ideas? If you are aware and can advise me I'd appreciate it.

Thanks [ponder]

SOLVED! Being a little more agressive with the knife seemed to lift the panel I was referring to. But, there was no screw underneath it. Seems that just another plastic latch needed to be released and it came fully apart. [smile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back