Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

disappearing replies 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabie2

Technical User
Sep 19, 2007
US
sometimes I get email messages from someone I know that sends me a message using outlook. I don't know what version. when I reply to him the reply message disappears. the only thing that remains is from sent to and subject. the rest is gone.
I can read the message in my inbox but when I reply the message is gone. he wouldn't tell me how it's done so I'm asking the forum HOW DID HE DO IT?

Explain "the message is gone"

Where has it "gone" from?

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

I mean the message body is gone. lets use an example below:

when I open a message from certain people I can read the message.
When I hit reply / reply all or forward I get this:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: <date and time sent>
To: <me and others>
Subject: RE: subbect

-MESSAGE BODY GONE-

OK assuming Outlook 2010/2011

File -> Options -> Replies and forwards ->

Then set your choice of options for:

When replying to a message:
and
When forwarding to a message:

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

he wouldn't tell me how it's done so I'm asking the forum HOW DID HE DO IT?

We don't think he's doing anything to you or the emails. We think it's a setting on your end UNLESS this is only happening when the one person sends to you and in the reply the body is gone (other senders, this does not happen).

WHITE TEXT color????? Though the original email wouldn't show up either - not just affecting the reply.

Problem Solved. Thanks Chris.

I thought it was a security feature of the new office. it would have been nice if it was to turn it off and on for a sender.
The disappearing body still happens in office 2003 but I don't know what triggered it to 'do not send reply'

this was only happening when that person sends a message. everything else is fine. I thought it was some kind of setting on his part to flip the switch on some kind of security swtch when replying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back