Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disappearing red glue connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

bangerman

Programmer
Nov 6, 2000
GB
Hi,

Every so often my Visio diagram loses the ability to create the red dynamic glue connections, and I am left with the green ones.

Even when I disconnect an existing red it then becomes a green one.

This seems to happen after I have been working on a diagram for some period of time.

Any idea?

When a connector is connected, then end turns red. When it is unconnected the end turns green. So it sounds like you are unconnecting the connection points.

John... Visio MVP - Visio.MVPs.org

But the connectors refuse to glue. They just stop turning red. The only solution is to copy the diagram out to a new document.

This happens to me as well. My diagram has over 1800 shapes on it on several layers, the majority of them being connectors. Some shapes (rectangles) won't accept any connectors any more. Copying the diagram to another document is not an option due to its size.

I am starting to think Visio just sucks.

Try something decent software perhaps.

I'm still doing the "create new document and paste shapes in again" solution...

<bb />

Actually, that gave me an idea. Since only some shapes stopped accepting connections, simply creating a new shape (in my case, a rectangle) and transferring all the connectors to that shape worked. Then, delete the old shape. Don't copy the old shape, as you'll probably be copying the same problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back