Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disappearing Forms, Tables, & Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistereli

Technical User
Jan 13, 2003
US
I'm stumped and need some expert help. I have a Access (2000) application that utilizes a Switchboard form and allows for data entering using a form (it also has queries and reports). When the users use this application and exits properly out of the application, upon going back in the switchboard form and data entry form are gone. The reports and tables have also been deleted but queries are ok. Does anybody have any idea why this is happening? It is a simple and small application.

It's always worked for me. I've never experience this problem first hand. It's being used in a multiuser environment on a network and I've set the default record locking is set at all records (if that even matters).
Any ideas?

So, has it ever worked before in the multi-user environment? Does this happen all the time, some of the time?

Of course it may work for you (1 user) and fail on a network. I am trying to get a fix as to where the problem may lie: the code, the configuration or bad networking.

Dimandja

It has worked in the multiuser environment for about 3 months and the disappearing act has happened 4 times. So it happens some of the time in no specific pattern.

I've got another application that is huge that is on the network used by many and there has been no problem there. It is located in another folder and is used to look up info.

Thanks so much.

This problem has been known to occur. There is a number of reasons for it. From misuse of autonumbers, confusion between front and back end databases, to hidden objects.

There are Microsoft Access forums here that you should try (simply type "Microsoft Access" in the Search window above, and search for forums):

VBA Visual Basic for Applications (Microsoft)
Microsoft: Access Reports
Microsoft: Access Tables and Relationships
Microsoft: Access Project (ADP)
Microsoft: Access Forms
Microsoft: Access Queries and JET SQL
Microsoft: Access Modules (VBA Coding)
Microsoft: Access Other topics

They will ask you to provide more details than you have offered here.

Dimandja

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back