Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disappearing form objects

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimplyES

Programmer
Oct 5, 2012
GB
Has anyone else experienced this? I have a main form with about 25 objects,including 2 grids, plus labels and a 3 background shapes. Via one of the grids I call a new form to enter data items which fill a row on the grid. This little form uses the same data environment as the main form. That all works fine. After using this little pop-up form to populate a grid row, it closes and the main form re SELECTS the grid data, applying a couple of calculations on the way. Fine. I can leave it sitting while I think about what I might put in the next row (I'm not really that slow - just my way of describing what is happening!) All is fine. I click save on the main form. Fine. Then, suddenly, for no apparent reason, all the objects disappear. Everything, including the background shapes. The entire form goes white. Its not one of the shapes monopolising - if I expand the form the whole thing is white. If I click around the form, eventually I can 'catch' various objects and they will display again on the white background. Not all objects come back this way. I cannot see anything in methods that would cause this. I have had Debugger sitting on the second monitor here and the pointer doesn't move when this occurs. If anyone can point to my gremlin, I'd be gratgeful.

It sounds like a video card issue.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Was this form converted from a pre-VFP version of Foxpro? Disappearing controls was a "feature" of those. Set _screen.Themes = .f. to fix it.

Aslo it would be something you see, if you had a screen with @SAY, @GET and not a VFP form. This bhavior of seeing screen parts when you mouse over them is a known thing and vanishes, if you turn off themes for the form or the VFP session by Sys(2700,0) or _screen.themes = .F. as initialisation before starting any form.

In the end it would then still be a graphic card problem, an error in GDI+ support of your graphics driver, it's also worth trying to switch off hardware accelerartion.

Bye, Olaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back