Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disappearing Emails in Outlook 2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

max7600

IS-IT--Management
Dec 14, 2001
GB
Hi everyone, I hope someone out there can help me with this.

I have 3 people in my organisations, the MD and 2 salesman (obviously!!!) who for the past couple of days have had the contents of their inboxes disappear in front of their eyes. Scroll down through their inbox and the messages are nowhere to be found, they are not in another folder such as deleted items or sent items etc. they are just gone. But fortunately in order to get them back all they need to do is close outlook and re-open it. (the problem is they have to do 30-40 times a day which is unacceptable!!)

This will happen either after they move and email from their inbox to another folder or when a new email arrives.

This has nothing to do with PST files or filters on their inbox or the anti virus software installed on their machine.

None of these people use filter on their inbox, nor is their mail delievered to Personal folders (in the Tools==> Services menu) and the antivirus software is not too blame as the email scan is not enable on their desktop.

This is a completly new problem, I was busy patching up all the systems last week that is the only work I have done on their 3 machines. (I installed SP4 and most of all the security fixes on everyones machine)

Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back