Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disappearing Add/Remove Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2002
US
I'm looking to see if anyone has seen this problem.

I have an NT 4.0 Enterprise server whose entire list of programs in the Add/Remove Programs box is missing. The programs are all on the server and functioning properly, but not listed.

I added an update to one product and now that update shows up, but nothing else.

Any insight will be appreciated.

Dave

here u are :)

Program Is Not Listed in Add/Remove Programs After Installation

"SYMPTOMS
After you install a program on your computer, the program is not listed in the Add/Remove Programs tool in Control Panel. Also, other programs that are installed on your computer and that were previously listed in Add/Remove Programs may no longer be listed.
CAUSE
This problem can occur if the program you installed creates a registry key name that is longer than 60 characters in length. Add/Remove Programs only lists program names it locates up to the point it encounters this situation. " ===============
Security Forums

You know, I saw that article, but I thought it related to a single program not showing up in the list. I'll check it out again.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back