Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disappeared Table Fields When I change DataSource

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceicebaby

Programmer
Mar 18, 2004
US
When I change my Datasource i.e open an existing Report in Production Env which I created in Testing Env, My Tables don't show up all the Fields in the Visual Linking Expert.Some of the Fields just vanish. I have already done "Set Location" and "Verify Database" to change the pointer to the new Database. Please tell me if I'm missing out on any steps.

Please post technical information when requesting it:

Crystal version
Database used and connectivity.

Perhaps the user doesn't have permission for those objects on the production environment.

-k

Thanks Synapsevampire for the reply.
happy.gif
The Crystal Version I'm using is 8.5 and The Database is Oracle 8 Server. I have adequate permissions on the Database Tables and it's only some of the Fields which don't appear in the visual Expert. I'm using 5 Tables in my Report which might be the reason.

Try setting location of data source or using TTX and pointing your data source to your TTX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back