Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disabling the one- and zero-file network sessions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

isaacgrover

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2006
Good morning from Wisconsin,

I am responsible for administering a network of 13 WinXP Pro machines that connect to a fileserver running WinXP Pro. I am well aware of the ten-connection limit, and the issue that I have is that by running the 'net sessions' I see a number of the workstations creating and holding on to sessions that are using one file or none.

What are those apparently useless connections doing, and is there a way I can either eliminate them or minimize their timeouts?

Thank you in advance,

--
Isaac Grover, Owner
Quality Computer Services of River Falls, Wisconsin
Web:

You can configure the AutoDisconnect time by running the following command from a command prompt:
net config server /autodisconnect:time_before_autodisconnect
Specify the time in minutes".

Inbound connections limit in Windows XP

This mentions "Keep Alive" settings.

How to Determine Loss of Client/Server Connection

Require more than 10 logins - How
thread779-962365

Configure the max limit for concurrent TCP connections

In Folder Options/ View, the first setting has a check box to automatically search fpr Network folders and printers. This specifies that Windows periodically search the network for shared folders and printers. All shared folders and printers that are found appear in My Network Places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back