Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disabling SSL/TLS to comply with Avast 5 update

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallingrock

Technical User
Apr 21, 2003
US
Eudora 7.1 paid, Windows XP SP2

Updated Avast Anti-virus free from 4.8 to 5.0 results in the following message:

"avast has detected a secure connection from your mail program (process Eudora .exe) to Pop server 66.118. etc.
This type of connection cannot be checked for viruses. Please disable SSL/TLS in your mail client so that the Mail Scanner [Avast Anti-virus] can scan your mail. The Mail Scanner will provide the SSL/TLS security itself."

Neither Avast 4.8 nor any other anti-virus software I've used for 12 years with Eudora has balked scanning POP mail accounts before, nor given such a reason.

How do I comply with disabling SSL/TLS for all my POP mail accounts to update to Avast Anti-virus free 5?

AVG Anti-virus free works fine, but slows the computer down by 40-50% while it inspects every file opening or closing. Avast is much faster and equally secure, so I want to stay with it, but I need to fix this problem to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back