Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disabling SKW98 Auto-Sort 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

skwuser

Technical User
Jan 2, 2012
US
I am a long-time user of SKW 2.0, and one of my best-loved features is that when To Do's are entered, they stay where you put them on the To Do list.

Recently I purchased a new computer with Windows 7, 64 bit, and SKW 2.0 will not install on it.

I had an old copy of SKW98 and installed it - it seems to work fine except for the MAST:SKW issue (I plan to get the Patch to resolve this).

However, SKW98 re-sorts your To Dos every time you add a To Do, or go from day to day. Is there any way to turn off this Auto-Sort, or is there another work around.

Thanks!

Dear skwuser

I am not a great user of the ToDos, and without the patch I was not aware that they carried forward a lot of the time.
However if it works for you then fine but the sorting seems to stay as far as I can see but that may be an obscure thing that happens when you have the patch installed (I'm not desperately trying to convince you to get the patch but I would like other's opinions on this)!
Good luck anyway

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort! Good Luck!

Thanks James33. I will order the Patch to see if it will resolve this, but I'm afraid that it's part of the the SKW98 program itself.

This is an problem with many of the Sidekick replacements I have considered over the years - they all want to priortize everything (ABC, 123, etc.) when I all I want is my To Do list to be hooked to a day and to be left in the order I put it.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back