Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disabling shortcut keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

omnipitus

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2001
US
I have an Access program that I need to disable the Contrtol P function to print. I don't want the information to be printed. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Well the clunky fudge would be to change the Print shortcut key to something obscure on the client, but it's not a professional solution...<grin>

The keystroke can probably be intercepted by a piece of VBA code and handled that way, but I couldn't tell you how - you would be better posting this on the MS Access forums.

I wouldn't get too hung up on this though - even if you prevent the user printing via Access, you won't be able to stop them hitting <Print Screen> and screen dumping it to word/paint/etc. The bottom line is that a competent user will be able to print whatever comes onto their screen anyway.... Jonathan Challis
IT Manager

the other way round is to ASSIGN CTRL+P to a piece of code like:

sub TrynPrint()'shortcut Ctrl+P
msgbox &quot;You can't print this......ner ner ner&quot;
end sub

Considerably more work would be needed to get rid of ALL print functionality Rgds
Geoff

Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur

I appreciate the help I am going to play with the code you suggested but until then I found a work around. The database doesn't require any key strokes...so if any key is pressed it closes. To get around the print screen, we use Citrix on DOS terminals so I moved the progrsm on a terminal with out a printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back