Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disabling SHIFT Bypass Key for Users, but Not Network Administrators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

patiya

MIS
Nov 24, 2003
US
I am using an Access 2k ADP (Converted into ADE) front end and SQL 2K on the backend. Although I taught pretty much myself into these concept with the help of some publications and users group posts, some time I would like to seek some specific help from fellow members.

My Question is: Is there any way I can disable Shift Bypass key for regular Network users but enable that privilege to Network Administrator Groups? Our Network Administrators are members of (Domain1\Administrators).

I do have a startup from (From Login) that takes the users directly into the Program. But they can still bypass it by Clicking Shift Double Click. I would like to see When regular Network Users login to the Database, regardless of which special key they press, they will get right into the Startup From but Network Administrators can access the Design mode by Clicking (Shift Double Click).

Any help will be sincerely appreciated. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back