Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disabling Novell Delivered Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxcrook

Programmer
Jan 25, 2001
GB
How do i prevent the Novell Delivered applications window starting up everytime i login to my network ?
ie. What is the name of the login script that i could maybe edit ?
I am currently running windows 2000 as well.
I have done this before on WIN 95 and not affected anything so can it be done now ?
Thanks

If you're not the Network admin, talk to the admin first. If it's in the login script, only he can assist you in bypassing the login script and retain any mapped drives in the login script. You can bypass the login script all together by going into the ADVANCED button in the login window and choose the SCRIPT tab and uncheck the execute login script option. You will need to map any network drives your self if you go this way.

However, app launcher can be executed through a system policy, in which case TS. If you have the system rights you can try using the policy editor to remove the run option that loads NAL.

From the description of the problem I get the impression you are an end user, not the network admin. The login script you are askling for is held with in the NDS database, not accesable to you if your an end user. You can only choose to not run the system login script. Do note that a simple system policy can re-enable it.

Also note; when users make attempts to go around the network managment features I usually recomend to my clients to lock them down. So again, if your not the sys admin, you can be locked down tighter than a drum. ZENworks allows admins to manage workstations and can make it so you can only do what they say you can do with your assigned computer in the office. Brent Schmidt CNE, Network +
Senior Network Engineer
provogeek@hotmail.com
East Bay, California; USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back