Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disabling Netscape

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooSki

Programmer
Jun 13, 2002
GB
Hi all, hopefully this is the right forum for this question.

I work with a small team of telephone agents (approx 20) in a call centre and I am one of their local managers. Our IT section have given the agents limited access to the Internet via IE6 and have also given me two files to unlock and lock the "Tools -> Internet Options" so that I can add in specific websites that these telephone agents can have access to. The reason we give them limited access to certain sites (eg Yell.co.uk) is so they can look up telephone numbers etc for business customers they need to call. This works quite well. If there are any foreign websites they need (some of our agents have clients overseas), they ask and I provide them with access to these other sites.

The problem is, one of the agents is a wise-guy. :D He's managed to get access to Netscape (not sure what version, I've only just found out) and therefore access to sites other than those he should be looking at. If i ask our IT guys, it's classed as gross misconduct and possibly will mean sacking the guy, which is something I don't want to do.

I'd rather disable Netscape using a file on a floppy disk, in a similar way to the above, where I unlock and then lock the "Internet Options" on the menu bar. Is there a way to do this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Mooski.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back