Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disabling menus and toolbars 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzibit7

Technical User
Jun 20, 2006
US
How do I turn off the menus and toolbars in access so users can only click on what is on the form. I know it can be done in the faq it shows how to restore them using the shift key. I need to know how to get rid of them for users

menu Tools -> Startup ...

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Look at StartUp on the Tools menu. It is usually good to leave a way out for yourself, other than shiftkey.

Okay I got it so there is no toolbars on the switchboad but my main concern is making it so you cannot exit out of the form or minimize it, The X and _ are still there. Any ideas

Have a look at the FAQs. Here is one:
KISS way to force users to click a command button to exit a form regardless of menu or toolbar options
faq702-2071

You will find a way of switching of these buttons on the property sheet for each form (Format tab, as far as I remember).

Got it thanks.....I have a presentation for this (my first database and first time using access) on monday. Now if I could only figure out this "you do not have exclusive access to this database at this time" problem when more that one user is logged on. I'm thinking I should distribute cd's of the front end instead of having everything on the network. But then that would mess up my shortcut that includes the security folder. There really is alot to Access. Thanks for all the help I know I have asked alot of questions

The common way is for each user to have a copy of the front end. Have a look (advanced search) with keywords FE, BE, security (or front end, back end). You will get a great number of post. Here is one, for example:
FE
thread181-1193153

Ok one more question....If I distribute the FE to the users and then have a shared folder that has the BE and security file...How Would I associate the front end with that security file. I could not make a shortcut because I would not know where the users put the file on there harddrive. Or is there another way?

I think you either:
a) need to know where the front end is;
b) show your users how to do the shortcut; or
c) create some batch files.

A couple more threads, for ideas.
Best approach for security
thread181-893732
Batch file to open secured.mdw
thread181-1131415

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search