Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disabling Cached Mode Across Network and Outlook Profile Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duran

IS-IT--Management
Dec 4, 2001
GB
Hello,

I hope somebody can help me. I am currently moving mailbox's across servers, and from what I have picked up off the web, it seems that this is done more reliably when the client has cached mode disabled on their Outlook (is that actually true?). I wondered if there was a way of disabling everyones cached mode without going around each PC.

One other thing, after I move a mailbox, I find that it takes at least 30 minutes for the users Outlook to realize a change has occurred, is this normal and is there a way of speeding it up?

I have seen the profile update tool, but this is only used if your are moving mailbox's across domains or groups. Mine is all in the same group and in Native Mode, its Exchange 2003 SP2 on both machines, the old one is a 2000 DC and the other is on a Windows 2003 R2(fully patched)member server. My domain is in mixed mode.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Kind regards,
D.

I plug you in, dim the lights,
Electric Barbarella !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back